1. Identify location of valve failure (seat, body, actuator, etc.).
2. Take necessary troubleshooting steps to further identify root cause or to resolve while the valve is in place.
3. Ensure appropriate spare parts are on hand before removing valve from service.
4. Remove valve from piping (if necessary) following appropriate procedures, including air and electrical disconnection and lockout tag out.
5. Follow proper disassemble and maintenance procedures to resolve issue and reassemble valve.
6. Re-install valve into piping with correct air and electrical connections.
7. Actuate and test valve to ensure proper function before production start up.
8. Monitor valve during initial production run to ensure valve is operating correctly.