What’s the advantage of the ball valve?
The ball valve and the plug valve are the same type of valve. Only the closing part is a ball. The ball rotates around the center line of the valve body to open and close. Ball valve is mainly used in the pipeline to cut off, distribute and change the flow direction of the medium. Ball valve is a new type of valve widely used in recent years, which has the following advantages:
1. The fluid resistance is small, and its resistance coefficient is equal to the pipe length of the same length.
2. Simple structure, small size and light weight.
3. It is tight and reliable. At present, the sealing surface material of ball valves is widely used in plastics and has good sealing performance. It has also been widely used in vacuum systems.
4. Convenient operation, fast opening and closing, only need to rotate 90 ° from fully open to fully closed, which is convenient for long-distance control.
5, easy maintenance, simple structure of the ball valve, the seal ring is generally movable, easy to remove and replace.
6. When fully open or fully closed, the sealing surfaces of the ball and valve seat are isolated from the medium, and the medium will not cause erosion of the valve sealing surface when the medium passes.
7, a wide range of applications, from small diameter to several millimeters, large to several meters, from high vacuum to high pressure can be applied.
Ball valve has been widely used in petroleum, chemical industry, power generation, papermaking, atomic energy, aviation, rocket and other departments, as well as people\'s daily life.